(Yield: 4 servings)
[mks_separator style=”dotted” height=”2″]
1. Salt thoroughly the eggplant slices. Allow to rest for ½ hour.
2. Rinse the eggplant with cold water, pat dry. Coat lightly in olive oil. Roast in oven at 350 degrees until cooked through. Drain any excess oil and allow to cool.
3. Coat red peppers lightly in oil. Roast in oven until the skin blisters and blackens. Place in bowl and cover with plastic wrap; rest for 10 minutes.
4. After peppers cool, peel skin off, remove any seeds and membrane from inside. Slice thin.
5. Toast sliced bread
6. To build sandwich, smear hummus on one slice, top with roasted red peppers, eggplant, slice of avocado, slice of cucumber, and alfalfa sprouts. Finish with some squeezed lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt.
708 Harbour Post Drive
Tampa, FL 33602
Sign Up For Our Event Eblast